DTLtm Dry-Gas-to-Liquids Technology
Rather than burning light olefins for fuel value, refiners now have an economically viable alternative. Our exclusive DTL technology converts light olefins (ethylene, propylene and/or or butylene) in FCC dry gas, coker off-gas or other olefin containing streams into high-octane gasoline blend stock (92-94 RON) or BTX with high conversion of olefins and yield to C5+ product.
- Converts light olefins or oxygenates (C2=/C3=/C4=) into high-octane gasoline blend-stock (RON 92-94) or concentrated aromatics.
- Feedstocks can include FCC or coker offgas, FCC or coker LPG, olefinic gasified plastics waste, bio-based ethanol, or methanol.
- Economically driven by the spread between the gasoline blend stock value and replacement fuel value.
- Provides for both high olefin conversion (>95%) and high C4+ liquid naphtha yield (~85% C4+, ~75% C5+).
- 13 commercial units constructed.
- High olefin conversion (>95%) and high C4+ liquid yield (~85%)
- Standard refinery equipment (fixed bed reactor(s), fired heaters, absorption column, etc.), heat integration and a wide operating window.
- Ideal for refiners: – w/o Cryogenic Recovery – Pushing severity and capacity – Maximizing C3=production.
- Compact footprint increases options for facilities siting and supports modular construction.
- Low CAPEX.
- Low operating pressure (typical FCC wet gas compressor discharge pressure).
- Low utility requirements and carbon intensity due to the exothermic reactions and energy integration.
- Customer-focused design to enable maximum octane-barrel production or maximum aromatics yield.
- Custom recovery design to enable optimum interface with the existing refinery.
- Robust catalyst solutions for handling a broad range of mixed olefin conversions and feed impurities.
How It Works
The olefins or oxygenates in the feed dry-gas are reacted over a proprietary multifunctional catalyst in a fixed bed reactor. The mixed olefins are oligomerized and then aromatized. The product effluent is cooled and separated to condense the high-octane gasoline blend stock or BTX and the remaining olefin-lean off gas is routed to the fuel gas header. Natural gas or another supplemental fuel is used to replace the heating value of the olefins converted, if required.
The recovery process is customized for optimum integration with your specific refinery. Typical process scale and design allows for unit modularization to help reduce time of construction.
Sponge absorber with no fractionator.
Sponge absorber with product fractionator.
KTS offers a comprehensive technology transfer package and proprietary catalyst for the DTL™ process technology. In addition, by partnering with Koch Engineered Solutions, KTS can provide tailor-made project execution models (EP, EPC, LSTK, etc.) that meet the needs of individual clients.
Let’s Work Together
DTLTM ExoSTM IsoATM
Working together, we can leverage our exclusive technologies, expertise, and capabilities to help you reduce capital investment, lower operational costs, and boost productivity.
Let’s get started. Contact us for licensing information.